Cake Wines Pty Ltd ACN 152 021 648 respects the privacy of individuals by treating all personal information as confidential and by handling it in accordance with the Privacy Act 2001 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles (NPP). The full text of the NPP is available at www.privacy.gov.au.
In this policy:
Personal information refers to any information or data provided to us such as name and address, contact phone and fax numbers, email address, credit card details, etc website means cakewines.com, or a related website operated by the Company; and references to 'you' and 'your' mean you, the user of the website and provider of personal information.
The Company has implemented internal policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is dealt with in accordance with strict standards of security and confidentiality. By ordering the Company's products and/or using the website, you are deemed to have consented to the collection of personal information required to complete the sales transaction, including your credit card information.
Use & Collection of Personal Information
The Company collects, uses and stores personal information for the following purposes:
- Identifying its customers and potential customers, including their authorised representatives
- Processing orders or enquiries received, including via the website
- Supplying products, services or other benefits to be offered to customers
- Informing customers of marketing initiatives that may be of interest to them
- Market and marketing analysis (subject to consent)
- Data processing for statistical purposes (subject to consent)
- Sending advertising materials, newsletters, competition details and other promotional and commercial communication initiatives to customers by email and/or text message; and
- Developing and implementing initiatives to improve our products and services.
Any additional purpose for the collection of personal information (not set out in this policy) will be identified at the time that the Company collects personal information from you, or as soon as practicable afterwards.
Where possible, the Company will collect personal information directly from the individual concerned. However, in some circumstances, the Company may need to collect personal information from authorised third parties (for example, your representative). If we are not provided with all the required personal information, we may be unable to process your order or other enquiry.
The Company collects your personal information in the following ways:
- When you log in to the Company's website and/or online services;
- When you enter any of the Company's competitions and trade promotions
- When you complete a registration form
- When you contact the Company about its products and/or services
- During negotiations and/or business transactions with you
- When the Company supplies products and/or services to you; and
- When the Company responds to an enquiry from you.
Except where indicated above, the Company will not disclose your personal information to a third party, unless:
- The disclosure is made as part of giving effect to a purpose for which the information was collected
- You have consented to the disclosure
- The third party is an external service provider that assists the Company operate the Company's business and is a party to a confidentiality arrangement with the Company
- The third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of the Company's assets and/or business
- That disclosure is to a related body corporate of the Company
- The disclosure is to an entity that licenses products to the Company
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment,
- The disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under any law.
Using The Website
The Company collects and retains data for the purpose of supplying you with, and for the processing of payment for, goods and/or services.
To ensure the Company is meeting your needs, and to develop online services, the Company may collect information from its website server logs. This technology is not used to access any other stored personal information, preventing users from being identified.
Cookies are automatically deleted when you exit the website or close your web browser.
The Company may use personal information to advise you of new services and marketing initiatives that may be of interest to you. This may include special product offerings and general information about our business.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from the Company, you can contact the Privacy Officer and request to be removed from the circulation list.
The Company does not disclose personal information to a third party for the purpose of allowing them to direct market their products or services to an individual, unless that individual has expressly consented to that disclosure.
Updates To Your Personal Information
If your personal information changes, please contact the Company to update this information. The Company may also contact you from time to time to check that your personal information is still accurate.
02. SECURITY POLICY
The Company is committed to maintaining:
- Safeguards to protect personal information against unauthorised use, disclosure, access, alteration, destruction and accidental loss
- Industry standards for the security and protection of personal information (anti-virus software is regularly updated in order to protect the Company's systems and data); and
- Internal policies on management of personal information, and staff training to ensure compliance with these policies.
Access To Your Personal Information
We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold. However, we may occasionally need to deny access to information in accordance with the exemptions contained in the Act. If you require access to your personal information, then please email our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before we provide you with access to your personal information we will require some proof of identity and for most requests, your information will be provided free of charge, however we may charge a reasonable fee if your request requires a substantial effort on our part.
The contact details for the Privacy Commissioner's Office are as follows:
Level 8, Piccadilly Tower, 133 Castlereagh Street Sydney NSW 2000
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 1042
telephone: 1300 363 992; 1800 620 241 (TTY)
facsimile: +61 2 9284 9666
If you wish to access any personal information that we hold about you, or have a query about this policy, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Cake Wines Pty Ltd
16 Eveleigh St